|Atom Zombie Smasher
|Mar 14, 2011
|PC > Indie, Strategy
The world of video games is often filled with titles that revolve around zombies, with popular games like Resident Evil and The Last of Us dominating the market. However, Atom Zombie Smasher takes a unique approach to the zombie apocalypse by combining it with strategy gameplay elements. Developed by Blendo Games, this indie game was first released in 2011 and has gained a cult following ever since. In this article, we will take a closer look at Atom Zombie Smasher, its gameplay, and why it’s worth checking out.
The game is set in a fictional city called Nuevos Aires, which is being overrun by zombies. Players take on the role of a commander, whose objective is to rescue as many civilians as possible from the city and evacuate them to a safe zone. The game features a map of the city, divided into different sectors, and players must plan their rescue operations strategically.
The gameplay in Atom Zombie Smasher is divided into two main phases: the planning phase and the rescue phase. During the planning phase, players must use their limited resources to set up various defenses, such as barricades, soldiers, and snipers, in different sectors of the city. These defenses will be crucial in slowing down the zombie horde and protecting civilians during the rescue phase.
Once the planning phase is over, the rescue phase begins. This is where the real action happens, as players must use helicopters to evacuate civilians from different sectors and bring them to a safe zone. The catch is that zombies will also be trying to attack these helicopters, and players must use their defenses to protect them. If a helicopter is destroyed, all civilians on board will be lost.
The game features a variety of missions with different objectives, such as rescuing a certain number of civilians, defending a specific sector, or destroying a specific number of zombies. Each mission has a time limit, and players must complete it before time runs out.
Graphics and Sound
The game’s graphics follow a retro-style aesthetic, with pixelated visuals that give a nod to classic arcade games. However, the game’s sound design is where it truly shines, with an 8-bit soundtrack that perfectly complements the gameplay and adds to the overall atmosphere of the game.
One of the best things about Atom Zombie Smasher is its replayability. The game features a random event system that ensures no two playthroughs are the same. This, combined with the different gameplay objectives and the challenging difficulty level, makes the game highly replayable. Additionally, the game also has a level editor, allowing players to create and share their own custom levels.
Atom Zombie Smasher may not have flashy graphics or a blockbuster storyline, but its unique gameplay and strategic elements make it a must-play for any fan of strategy games. With its challenging difficulty, replayability, and retro-style visuals and sound, this indie gem offers a different and refreshing take on the zombie genre. So why not give it a try and see how long you can survive the zombie horde in Nuevos Aires?
“Atom Zombie Smasher offers something new and challenging at every turn, and it does so without sacrificing an ounce of style.” – IGN
- OS: Windows XP/Vista/7
- Processor: 1GHz
- Memory: 512MB
- Hard Disk Space: 60MB
- Video Card: 60MB OpenGL-compatible
- Optional: Gamepad or Joystick required for multiplayer
How to Download
- Open your web browser and go to the webpage with the direct "Download" button link for the Atom Zombie Smasher game.
- Click on the "Download" button. This will start the downloading process.
- Once the download is complete, go to the location where the file was saved on your computer.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Follow the prompts in the installation wizard and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Choose the destination folder for the game and click "Install" to begin the installation.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the "Finish" button.
- The game should now be installed on your computer and you can begin playing by double-clicking on the game icon on your desktop or from the installation folder.