|Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold
|May 5, 2015
|PC > Action
Released in 1993, Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold was a groundbreaking first-person shooter that paved the way for future games in the genre. Developed by JAM Productions and published by Apogee Software, this game was one of the first to utilize the Wolfenstein 3D engine, creating a fast-paced and immersive gaming experience.
The Plot and Gameplay
The game is set in the year 2140, where the Earth is under attack by an evil scientist named Dr. Goldfire and his army of genetically enhanced mutants. The player takes on the role of Blake Stone, a special agent who must navigate his way through Goldfire’s secret base and put a stop to his plans.
Similar to other first-person shooters of the time, the game consists of navigating through maze-like levels while fending off enemies and collecting weapons and power-ups along the way. However, what set Blake Stone apart from its predecessors was its use of RPG elements. The player has a health and armor bar as well as an experience points system that allows them to upgrade their stats and obtain new abilities.
Weapons and Enemies
The game features a variety of weapons, ranging from standard pistols and shotguns to futuristic laser guns and powerful explosives. Each weapon has its own unique strengths and weaknesses, and it is up to the player to choose which ones to use in different situations. The enemies also vary in difficulty, from simple mutants to heavily armored robots, providing a constant challenge for the player.
Level Design and Graphics
One of the standout aspects of Blake Stone was its level design. Each level was meticulously crafted, featuring secret areas, traps, and hidden power-ups. The graphics, while not as advanced as modern first-person shooters, were impressive for their time. The levels were designed to look like different areas of a futuristic base, giving players a sense of immersion in the game.
Legacy and Reception
Although Blake Stone was not as well-known as other first-person shooters of its time, it was highly praised by critics for its innovative gameplay and level design. The game also spawned a sequel, Blake Stone: Planet Strike, which was released in 1994. Both games have since been released on various digital platforms, allowing a new generation of gamers to experience the classic title.
“Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold paved the way for future first-person shooters with its use of RPG elements and immersive level design, earning its spot as a classic in the genre.”
- Developer: JAM Productions
- Publisher: Apogee Software
- Platform: MS-DOS
- Release date: December 3, 1993
- Genre: First-Person Shooter
- Mode: Single-player
- Rating: ESRB: M (17+)
If you are a fan of classic first-person shooters, then Blake Stone: Aliens Of Gold is a game worth checking out. With its engaging gameplay, challenging levels, and memorable enemies and weapons, it is sure to provide hours of entertainment.
- OS: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7 or Windows 8
- Processor: Intel Core Duo 2
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button given above to start the download process.
- A "Save File" window will appear, choose the desired location on your computer to save the game file and click "Save".
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Locate the downloaded game file on your computer and double-click on it to open the installation wizard.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard to install the game on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the "Finish" button.
- The game will now be installed on your computer and ready to be played.