|Title||Corridor 7: Alien Invasion|
|Release Date||Aug 6, 2021|
|Genre||PC > Action|
Corridor 7: Alien Invasion Game is a first-person shooter video game developed by Capstone Software and released in 1994 for MS-DOS. It is known for its fast-paced action and intense gameplay, earning a cult following among fans of retro gaming.
The game is set in the year 2027, where an alien race known as the Fors begins an invasion of Earth. The player takes on the role of a space marine, sent on a mission to investigate a classified research facility that has been taken over by the Fors. The marine must fight their way through the facility and stop the Fors before they can launch their full-scale invasion.
Corridor 7 features a classic first-person shooter gameplay, with the player navigating through maze-like corridors and engaging in combat with various alien creatures. The player has access to a variety of weapons, including a pistol, shotgun, and rocket launcher, with ammunition scattered throughout the levels.
The game also features a unique “switch” system, where the player can switch between two different dimensions – the human world and the alien world. This adds an extra layer of challenge, as the player must navigate through both dimensions to progress in the game.
Graphics and Sound
For its time, Corridor 7’s graphics were considered impressive, with detailed textures and well-designed enemy models. The game also featured 3D environments, which were quite advanced for a game released in 1994.
The sound effects and music in the game also contribute to the overall intense atmosphere, with ominous background music and realistic weapon sounds.
Reception and Legacy
Corridor 7 received mixed reviews upon its release, with critics praising its fast-paced gameplay but criticizing its graphics and lack of innovation. However, the game gained a dedicated fanbase, with many still playing and talking about it today.
Despite its limited success, Corridor 7 had a significant influence on the first-person shooter genre, with many elements from the game being used in future games such as Duke Nukem 3D and Half-Life.
Where to Play
Corridor 7 is no longer available for purchase, but it can be downloaded for free from various abandonware sites online. It can also be played using DOS emulators such as DOSBox.
Corridor 7: Alien Invasion Game may not have been as successful as other first-person shooters of its time, but it remains a notable game in the genre’s history. With its unique gameplay, intense action, and enduring legacy, it is a game that should not be overlooked by fans of retro gaming.
So if you’re looking for a classic first-person shooter that offers a good challenge and a dose of nostalgia, be sure to check out Corridor 7: Alien Invasion Game.
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- Processor: Pentium 4 or later
- Memory: 256 MB RAM
- Graphics: DirectX 9 graphics device with WDDM 1.0 or higher driver
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 355 MB available space
- Additional Notes: This game is powered by DOSBox.
How to Download
- Click on the Download button link given above.
- The download process will start automatically.
- Once the download is complete, click on the downloaded file to open it.
- A pop-up window may appear asking for permission to make changes to your device. Click Yes to continue with the installation process.
- The installer will open. Click Next to proceed.
- Read and accept the license agreement, then click Next.
- You can choose the location where you want to install the game. Click on Browse to select a different location or click Next to continue with the default location.
- Click Install to begin the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, click Finish.
- The game is now installed on your device. You can launch the game from the desktop shortcut or the Start menu.