|Jun 9, 2019
|PC > Action, Adventure, Casual, Indie, Sports
Devolver Digital, the independent video game publisher known for its portfolio of unique and innovative games, has recently released their latest creation – Devolver Bootleg. But this is not your typical video game. Instead, it is a collection of satirical versions of some of the most beloved classic games.
Devolver Bootleg is a compilation of eight “bootleg” versions of classic games, all with a humorous twist. Each game is a parody of a well-known title, poking fun at their gameplay mechanics, graphics, and overall design. The games are a commentary on the gaming industry and its trends, as well as a love letter to the retro games of the past.
- Enter the Gun Dungeon – a parody of the popular bullet-hell game Enter the Gungeon, in which players take on the role of a gun-shaped spaceship navigating through a dungeon filled with bullets and enemies.
- Hotline Milwaukee – a take on the neo-noir thriller Hotline Miami, but instead of Miami, the game is set in the city of Milwaukee.
- Ape Out Jr. – paying homage to Ape Out, this game follows the adventures of a baby ape trying to escape from a zoo.
- Shooty Boi – a parody of the popular battle royale game, this version sees players taking on the role of a potato competing with other potatoes for survival.
- Super Absolver Mini: Turbo Fighting Championship – a simplified version of the action RPG Absolver, this game features stick figures engaged in absurd combat.
- Cat Enter the Gunvengers – an alternate universe version of Enter the Gungeon with cats as the protagonists and their arch-nemesis, a dog, as the final boss.
- Luftrousers Extreme – a parody of the arcade-style shooter Luftrausers, this game features over-the-top explosions and ridiculous customization options.
- Bootleg System for Bootleg Consoles – not a game, but a virtual console allowing players to access all the games on a fake retro handheld device.
Devolver Bootleg has received mixed reactions from the gaming community. Some find the game’s humor and nostalgia to be enjoyable, while others criticize it for being too simplistic and lacking substance. However, it cannot be denied that the game has succeeded in its goal of making players laugh and providing a refreshing change of pace from the usual gaming experience.
“Devolver Bootleg is a commentary on the world we live in. We live in a world filled with bootleg versions of successful products, whether it’s movies, music, or video games. So, in a way, our game is a bootleg version of those bootleg products.” – Fork Parker, Chief Financial Officer of Devolver Digital
The game’s message about the rampant trend of copying and reproducing popular products is clear. And through humor and satire, Devolver Bootleg serves as a reminder to not take things too seriously and to appreciate the uniqueness and creativity in the gaming industry.
Devolver Bootleg is not your typical video game. It is a bold and unconventional move from Devolver Digital that challenges the norms of the industry. Whether you love it or hate it, one thing is for sure – this game will make you laugh and maybe even reflect on the state of the gaming world. So, put on your nostalgia glasses and give Devolver Bootleg a try. Who knows, you might just have a bootleg good time.
- OS: Windows 7, 8, 8.1, 10 x64
- Processor: Intel Pentium E2180 (2 * 2000) or equivalent
- Memory: 500 MB RAM
- Graphics: GeForce 8600 GT (512 MB)
- Storage: 1 GB available space
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button given above.
- A pop-up window will appear with the option to save the file.
- Choose a destination folder on your computer to save the file.
- Click "Save" to begin the download process.
- Wait for the download to complete.
- Once the download is finished, navigate to the destination folder where the file was saved.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- If prompted by your computer's security settings, click "Run" to proceed.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is finished, the "Devolver Bootleg" game will be installed on your computer.
- You can now launch the game and start playing.