|Release Date||Nov 14, 2019|
|Genre||PC > Indie|
When it comes to video games, the industry is always looking for the next big thing. But amidst all the flashy graphics and intense action, there are also those games that strive to make a difference. One such game is Fractured Minds, a first-person puzzle game that tackles the often stigmatized topic of mental health.
Created by 20-year-old game developer Emily Mitchell, Fractured Minds takes players on a journey through the human psyche, exploring the challenges and struggles faced by those with mental health issues. The game is divided into several short levels, each representing different aspects of mental health such as anxiety, paranoia, and isolation.
Through solving puzzles and navigating through surreal environments, players get a glimpse into the mind of someone dealing with these struggles. The game aims to raise awareness and understanding of mental health issues, while also providing a relatable and empathetic experience for those who may be dealing with them.
Despite being a relatively short game, Fractured Minds has made a significant impact since its release in 2019. Not only did it win the BAFTA Young Game Designers Award, but it also received widespread praise from players and critics alike for its emotional portrayal of mental health and its ability to start meaningful conversations.
In addition, Emily Mitchell has used the game as a platform to raise funds for mental health charities, further proving the positive impact that video games can have beyond entertainment.
Aside from its powerful message, Fractured Minds also stands out for its unique design. The game uses minimalistic graphics and a simple color palette to create a sense of unease and confusion, mirroring the feelings experienced by those with mental health issues.
The use of sound is also crucial in creating an immersive experience. From the eerie silence to the overwhelming noise, the game’s sound design adds to the overall atmosphere and serves as a reflection of the mind’s turmoil.
Playing the Game
Fractured Minds can be played on multiple platforms, including PC, Nintendo Switch, PlayStation, and Xbox. The controls are simple, making it accessible to players of all levels.
As mentioned earlier, the game is relatively short, with an average playtime of 30 minutes. However, it is a thought-provoking and emotional experience that will likely stay with players long after they have finished playing.
“Fractured Minds is a short but powerful game that challenges both players’ minds and hearts. It serves as a reminder that video games have the power to be more than just entertainment, and can be used to educate and create change.”
If you’re looking for a unique and impactful gaming experience, Fractured Minds is definitely worth checking out. Its thoughtfully crafted narrative and meaningful message make it a game that deserves recognition and praise.
So, whether you’re a fan of puzzle games or simply want to support a worthy cause, give Fractured Minds a try. You may just gain a new perspective and appreciation for the power of video games.
- OS: Windows 7/8/10 (32-bit)
- Processor: Intel core i3 @ 2.4GHz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Intel HD 4000 / NVIDIA GeForce 620M (or equivalent)
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 1586 MB available space
- OS: Windows 8/10 (64-bit)
- Processor: Intel Core i7 @ 2.5GHz
- Memory: 8 GB RAM
- Graphics: NVIDIA GTX 950M (or equivalent)
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 1586 MB available space
How to Download
- Open the web browser on your computer.
- Copy the direct download button link for "Fractured Minds game" given above.
- Open a new tab and paste the link into the URL bar.
- Press the enter key to navigate to the download page.
- Wait for the download to start.
- Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file. It should be in your computer's default download location.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to open it.
- Follow the instructions provided by the installation wizard to complete the installation process.
- Once the game is installed, you can launch it from the start menu or desktop shortcut.
- Enjoy playing "Fractured Minds" on your computer!