|Into the Breach
|Feb 27, 2018
|PC > Indie, RPG, Simulation, Strategy
If you’re a fan of turn-based strategy games, you’ll definitely want to check out Into the Breach. Developed by Subset Games, the creators of the popular game Faster Than Light, this indie gem offers a refreshing take on the genre with its unique gameplay and challenging mechanics.
Into the Breach is set in a dystopian future where humanity is on the brink of extinction. Giant creatures called the Vek have emerged from underground and are wreaking havoc on Earth. In response, a group of scientists have developed time-traveling mechs to fight against the Vek and save humanity.
You play as the commander of a squad of three pilots, each with their own unique abilities and mech suits. Your objective is to protect cities from the Vek and complete specific objectives in each mission, all while managing your limited resources and making tough decisions.
Into the Breach is all about carefully planning and executing your moves. Each turn, you’ll be presented with a grid-based battlefield where you can move your mechs and attack enemy units. Unlike traditional turn-based strategy games, your turn also includes a preview of what the enemy units will do, giving you a chance to plan your moves accordingly.
The Vek are not mindless creatures; they have unique abilities and can cause massive damage if left unchecked. It’s up to you to strategically position your mechs and use their special abilities to take them down. However, in doing so, you also have to consider the collateral damage to buildings and other valuable structures on the battlefield.
One of the highlights of Into the Breach is the diverse range of mechs and upgrades available. With every successful mission, you’ll earn power-ups and new weapons to equip your mechs. These upgrades can significantly change the way you approach battles and add a layer of depth to the gameplay.
Just like its predecessor Faster Than Light, Into the Breach is not an easy game. You’ll encounter different scenarios and enemies in each mission, making it challenging to come up with a foolproof plan. The game also has a permadeath feature, meaning if your mech is destroyed, it’s gone for good. This adds a sense of urgency and high stakes to each battle.
However, the game also offers a casual play option for those who prefer a more relaxed experience. You can also customize the difficulty level to suit your skill level.
The graphics in Into the Breach may not be as flashy as some other games, but it has a retro-style charm that adds to its appeal. The pixelated art style is combined with a futuristic sci-fi soundtrack, creating an immersive gameplay experience.
“Into the Breach feels like a puzzle game, a tactical game, and a roguelike all rolled into one, with brilliant results.” – IGN
If you’re a fan of strategy games, Into the Breach is a must-try. It’s a well-crafted game that offers a unique twist on the genre and endless replayability. With its engaging gameplay, challenging mechanics, and charming aesthetic, it’s no surprise that it has received critical acclaim and a dedicated fan base.
So what are you waiting for? Grab your mech suit and save humanity in Into the Breach.
- OS: Windows Vista/7/8/10
- Processor: 1.7+ GHz or better
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Must support OpenGL 2.1 or higher. Intel HD 3000 or better.
- Storage: 400 MB available space
How to Download
- Open the webpage where the direct download button link is located.
- Click on the download button. A pop-up message may appear asking for confirmation to download the game.
- Click on the "Yes" or "Save" button to confirm the download.
- The game setup file will start downloading. The download progress will depend on your internet speed.
- Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file in your computer.
- Double click on the file to start the installation process.
- A pop-up window may appear asking for permission to make changes to your device. Click on "Yes" or "Allow" to continue.
- Follow the instructions on the installation wizard to complete the installation process.
- After the installation is complete, the game will be ready to play on your computer.