|Making History: The Great War
|Muzzy Lane Software, Factus Games
|Jan 29, 2015
|PC > Indie, Simulation, Strategy
The Great War, also known as World War I, was one of the deadliest and most influential conflicts in history. It changed the course of nations, altered the global political landscape, and shaped the modern world in numerous ways. With such a profound impact, it’s no wonder that it has been a popular subject for books, movies, and, of course, video games.
Introducing “Making History: The Great War”
One such game that delves into the complexities of World War I is “Making History: The Great War”. Developed by Muzzy Lane Software and published by Factus Games, this strategy game offers players a chance to relive and reshape history. With its detailed historical accuracy, immersive gameplay, and attention to detail, “Making History: The Great War” has become a fan favorite among history buffs and strategy game enthusiasts alike.
The Gameplay Experience
The game is set in the years 1914 to 1918, allowing players to choose from one of the major powers involved in the war, including the United States, United Kingdom, Germany, France, and Russia. Players can also take on the role of a minor nation such as Belgium, Italy, or Bulgaria. Each country comes with its own unique strengths, weaknesses, and historical objectives.
Once a country is selected, players must navigate through the complex political landscape and make strategic decisions to achieve their desired outcome. They must manage resources, research technology, and make alliances while also keeping an eye on their economy and population. The ultimate goal is to lead their nation to victory by defeating their enemies and shaping the world according to their plans.
Historical Accuracy and Attention to Detail
One of the most impressive aspects of “Making History: The Great War” is its attention to detail and historical accuracy. The game is based on extensive research and features accurate maps, historical events, and timelines. Players will encounter historical figures and events, and must make decisions that align with real-world events. This level of detail adds to the immersive gameplay experience and allows players to truly feel like they are shaping history.
Multiplayer and Customization
“Making History: The Great War” also offers multiplayer options, allowing players to compete or collaborate with friends in a variety of scenarios. The game also has a robust customization feature, where players can create their own custom scenarios, modify historical events, and even create their own flags and emblems for their country. This adds to the replay value of the game and allows players to explore different outcomes and possibilities.
In conclusion, “Making History: The Great War” is a must-try game for anyone interested in World War I and strategy games. Its attention to historical accuracy, immersive gameplay experience, and customization options make it a standout game in the genre. Whether you’re a history buff, a gaming enthusiast, or both, “Making History: The Great War” offers hours of strategic fun and a chance to make your mark on history.
“The game is rich with detail and demands intelligence and strategy to win.” – Gamechronicles.com
- OS: Windows 10 / Windows 8 / Windows 7 / Windows Vista / Windows XP with Service Pack 2
- Processor: Pentium 4 or better
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-Compliant, Shader 2.0 3D Video Card
- DirectX: Version 9.0c
- Storage: 2 GB available space
- Additional Notes: Windows-Compliant Keyboard & Mouse
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button above.
- The download of the game's setup file will begin automatically.
- Once the download is complete, open the downloaded file by double-clicking on it.
- Follow the instructions of the installation wizard to install the game on your computer.
- Choose the preferred location on your computer to install the game.
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the installation is finished, click on the "Finish" button.
- The game will be launched automatically or you can launch it manually by double-clicking on the game icon on your desktop.
- The game is now ready to be played.