|Opus: The Day We Found Earth
|Apr 22, 2016
|PC > Adventure, Indie
Opus: The Day We Found Earth is a point-and-click adventure game developed by Sigono, a Taiwan-based indie game studio. The game was released in 2015 for iOS and Android devices, and later in 2016 for Amazon Fire devices and PC via Steam.
In the game, players take on the role of an AI named Emeth, who is in charge of the space telescope “Opus.” Emeth’s mission is to search for a new home for humanity, as Earth has become uninhabitable. As Emeth explores the universe, they come across different constellations and have to decipher the signals they receive to find Earth.
The story is primarily told through a series of beautifully illustrated scenes, accompanied by a heartwarming soundtrack. The game also incorporates various elements of astronomy and mythology, adding an educational aspect to the gameplay.
Opus: The Day We Found Earth is a point-and-click adventure game with a simple and intuitive interface. Players tap and swipe to navigate through the different constellations and interact with various objects. The game has no time pressure or in-app purchases, providing a leisurely and relaxed gameplay experience.
As Emeth, players have to search for clues and decipher signals to uncover Earth’s location. The game presents puzzles of increasing complexity, which may require critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Players can also uncover hidden items and conversations between characters, adding depth to the game’s storyline.
As players progress through the game, they can unlock upgrades for the telescope and other tools, making it easier to decipher the signals and ultimately find Earth.
Reception and Awards
Upon its release, Opus: The Day We Found Earth received critical acclaim for its beautiful art style, captivating storyline, and relaxing gameplay. The game was nominated for and awarded several accolades, including the “Golden Cube” at the 2015 Indie Stream Awards and the “Excellence in Audio” at the 2016 International Mobile Gaming Awards.
The game also has a 4.5-star rating on the App Store and a 4.7-star rating on Google Play, with players praising its unique concept and emotional impact.
Opus: The Day We Found Earth is a visually stunning and emotionally impactful game that offers players a unique and relaxing puzzle-solving experience. The game’s art style, music, and storyline come together to create a beautiful and immersive universe that players can explore at their own pace. Whether you’re a fan of adventure games or simply looking for a game that will tug at your heartstrings, Opus is definitely worth trying.
If you haven’t already, you can download Opus: The Day We Found Earth on the App Store, Google Play, or Steam and join the quest to find a new home for humanity.
“In a market filled with fast-paced and action-packed games, Opus: The Day We Found Earth stands out with its simple yet meaningful gameplay experience.” – IGN
- OS: Windows XP, Vista, 7
- Processor: 1.4 GHz Dual Core or Greater
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: 256 MB OpenGL 2.0 compatible graphics card
- Storage: 1 GB available space
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button link given above.
- A pop-up window will appear asking you to confirm the download. Click on "Yes" to proceed.
- The download process will begin automatically.
- Once the download is complete, click on the downloaded file to start the installation process. The file's name will be "Opus - The Day We Found Earth.exe" or similar.
- A security prompt may appear asking for permission to run the installation file. Click on "Yes" to continue.
- The installation wizard will open. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the installation process.
- Choose the destination folder where you want to install the game. By default, it will be in the "Program Files (x86)" folder on your computer.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the "Finish" button to close the wizard.
- The Opus: The Day We Found Earth game is now installed on your computer.