|Fernando Ramallo, David Kanaga
|Sep 17, 2015
|PC > Indie
Are you ready to get on a unique journey through a breathtaking audio-visual landscape? Look no further than PANORAMICAL, an award-winning indie game that will leave you in a state of awe and wonder. Developed by Paloma Dawkins and Fernando Ramallo, this audio-visual game features a dynamic and ever-changing world that is unlike anything you’ve ever experienced before.
How to Play
The concept behind PANORAMICAL is simple – you control a Prism, a musical spaceship of sorts, and explore a series of abstract environments that are transformed by your movements and interactions. Each level represents a unique musical landscape, with its own set of visuals and sounds that respond to your actions. Think of it as a form of interactive music therapy that allows you to create your own audio-visual experience.
The game controls are minimalistic, with only a handful of keys or buttons to navigate and manipulate the environment. This allows you to focus on the exploration and immersion aspect of the game without any distractions. As you move through each level, you will encounter a variety of controls that alter the visual and audio elements, creating a truly personalized experience.
The Visuals and Soundtrack
PANORAMICAL is a feast for the senses, with mesmerizing visuals and an enchanting soundtrack that work together to create an otherworldly experience. The graphics are simple yet stunning, with vibrant colors and geometric shapes that come to life as you navigate through the game. Each level offers a unique set of visuals, ranging from abstract landscapes to pulsating shapes and patterns.
The soundtrack, composed by Dreamy McCants, is an integral part of the game. With over a dozen musical landscapes to discover, you’ll be immersed in a diverse range of soundscapes that range from calming ambience to upbeat electronica. As you progress through each level, the music evolves and adapts to your actions, creating a truly interactive musical experience.
Aside from the main game, PANORAMICAL offers several modes to keep you engaged. The game’s “Journey” mode allows you to explore all 13 levels in a linear fashion, while “Remix” mode lets you create your own audio-visual experience by selecting the level, visuals, and music of your choice. Feeling competitive? Try “Head-to-Head” mode, where you can challenge a friend to a battle of audio-visual supremacy.
PANORAMICAL has received numerous accolades since its release in 2015, including nominations for the prestigious IGF (Independent Games Festival) Award for Excellence in Audio and Best Audio at the Independent Games Festival Awards. It has also been praised by critics and players alike for its unique concept and immersive experience.
In today’s world of gaming, where there is a strong focus on action and competition, PANORAMICAL offers a refreshing change of pace. It’s a game that encourages you to slow down, relax, and lose yourself in an audio-visual journey that is both mesmerizing and therapeutic. So why not take a break from the mainstream and give PANORAMICAL a try? Who knows, you might just discover a newfound appreciation for the beauty of interactive art.
“PANORAMICAL is not just a game, it is a mesmerizing audio-visual experience that transcends traditional gaming.” – The Guardian
- OS: Windows XP SP2+ or higher
- Processor: 1GHz CPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: Built-in graphics like Intel HD Graphics 4000
- Storage: 600 MB available space
- OS: Windows 7 or later
- Processor: 2 GHz CPU
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: a gaming-capable graphics card
- Storage: 1 GB available space
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button link given above to start the download process.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the folder where the game installer is saved.
- Double click on the game installer to launch the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation. Make sure to read and agree to the terms and conditions.
- Choose the destination folder where you want to install the game. It is recommended to use the default location.
- Click on "Install" to start the installation.
- Wait for the game to be installed to your computer. This may take a few minutes.
- Once the installation is complete, click on "Finish" to exit the installer.
- The game is now ready to be played. Double click on the desktop shortcut or search for the game in the Start menu to launch it.