|Publisher(s)||Interplay Entertainment Corp.|
|Release Date||Nov 17, 2017|
|Genre||PC > Action, Adventure|
Prehistorik Game is a classic side-scrolling platform game that was first released in 1991 by Titus Interactive. It was initially available on the Amiga and DOS systems, and later became popular on other platforms such as the Atari ST, Commodore 64, and Gameboy. The game was developed by an Italian development team, and it quickly became a hit among gamers for its unique concept and gameplay.
The game follows the adventures of a Neanderthal hero named Sam, who must gather food for his tribe and fight off dangerous creatures in his quest to survive. As Sam explores different areas, he must collect fruits and meat to feed his family. With each level, the challenges become more difficult, and Sam must use his prehistoric weapons such as clubs and axes to defeat enemies.
The gameplay of Prehistorik is simple yet addictive, making it a favorite among gamers of all ages. The player controls Sam as he jumps, walks, and runs through various landscapes, including a forest, desert, ice age, and volcanic caves. Along with collecting food, Sam must also navigate obstacles like pits, spikes, and boulders to progress in the game.
One unique feature of Prehistorik is the time window within which the player must complete each level. The in-game clock ticks away, and if Sam doesn’t reach the end before time runs out, he loses a life. However, there are power-ups the player can collect to gain extra time, health, or speed, making the game more challenging and exciting.
Reception and Legacy
Upon its release, Prehistorik received positive reviews and was praised for its graphics, sound, and gameplay. It quickly became one of the best-selling games of the era, with over a million copies sold worldwide. The game’s success led to the development of a sequel, Prehistorik 2, which was released in 1993.
Today, Prehistorik is still fondly remembered by many gamers as a classic from the early days of gaming. It has been ported to various modern platforms and is even available to play online. Its popularity has also sparked a resurgence of interest in the platform genre, with many modern games being inspired by Prehistorik’s concept and gameplay.
“A great mix of platforming and adventure elements, Prehistorik takes players on a fun-filled journey through prehistoric lands.” – IGN
Prehistorik is a true classic that has stood the test of time. Its lovable characters, challenging gameplay, and unique setting have made it a beloved game among generations of gamers. If you haven’t had a chance to play this gem from the past, it’s definitely worth checking out for an enjoyable trip back in time.
- OS: Windows XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 10
- Processor: 1.8 GHz Processor
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 7
- DirectX: Version 7.0
- Storage: 8 MB available space
- Additional Notes: Mouse, Keyboard
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics: 3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9
- DirectX: Version 9.0
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button above to start the download process.
- A dialog box or prompt will appear asking you to choose where you want to save the file. Choose a location on your computer where you can easily find it, such as the Desktop or Downloads folder.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the location where you saved the file.
- Double click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- A pop-up window may appear asking for permission to make changes to your computer. Click "Yes" or "Allow" to continue.
- The installer for the "Prehistorik" game will open. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, you may be prompted to launch the game. If not, navigate to the location where the game was installed (usually in the Program Files folder) and double click on the game's executable file.
- The game will launch and you can start playing.