|Sometimes Always Monsters
|Apr 2, 2020
|PC > Indie, RPG
Video games have come a long way since the days of simple pixelated graphics and straightforward gameplay. Nowadays, gamers crave complexity and depth in their games, which has led to the rise of open-world, choice-based RPGs. One such game that stands out in this genre is “Sometimes Always Monsters”, a sequel to the critically acclaimed “Always Sometimes Monsters” released in 2014. Developed by Vagabond Dog, this game offers a unique and thought-provoking experience for players.
In “Sometimes Always Monsters”, players take on the role of a struggling writer who has hit rock bottom. Your choices in the first game, “Always Sometimes Monsters”, have led to your downfall, and it’s up to you to pick up the pieces and make something of your life. The game is set in a realistic world where you’ll encounter various challenges and moral dilemmas that will shape the outcome of your journey.
As you travel across the country, you’ll encounter diverse characters and communities that are struggling with their own problems. It’s up to you to decide how you’ll interact with them – will you be the hero they need, or will you take advantage of them for your own gain?
One of the most notable features of “Sometimes Always Monsters” is its choice-based gameplay. Every decision you make, big or small, will have consequences that will affect the outcome of the game. The game boasts an enormous number of choices, each with its unique repercussions, making it almost impossible to have the same gameplay experience twice.
Aside from decision-making, players will also engage in different activities to earn money, such as writing articles or selling items. You’ll also have to manage your health and relationships, adding another layer of complexity to the game.
Visuals and Sound
The graphics and sound design of “Sometimes Always Monsters” may not be its strongest suit, but they still manage to convey the game’s atmosphere effectively. The pixelated graphics give the game a charming and nostalgic feel, while the music and sound effects help set the mood and enhance the player’s immersion.
“I don’t mind the pixel art at all – in fact, it reminds me of classic adventure games and SNES RPGs which had living, breathing worlds.” – TechRaptor
“Sometimes Always Monsters” received generally positive reviews from critics and players. Its thought-provoking storyline and choice-based gameplay were praised, with some even considering it a more refined and improved version of its predecessor.
- 80% – Steam
- 8/10 – GameSpot
“It’s not often you get so invested in the wellbeing of fictional characters, which is a testament to the writing within ‘Sometimes Always Monsters’.”
“‘Sometimes Always Monsters’ has its flaws, but the engrossing storytelling and impactful choices more than make up for them.”
“Sometimes Always Monsters” is not your run-of-the-mill RPG game. It challenges players to make tough choices and face the consequences, making it a unique and immersive experience. If you’re a fan of choice-based RPGs with a compelling storyline, this game is definitely worth a try.
“‘Sometimes Always Monsters’ isn’t only defined by what it does well – it’s a reflection of what other RPGs should be doing, too.” – TechRaptor
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Pentium
- Memory: 512 MB RAM
- Graphics: 720p Resolution, DirectX 10
- Storage: 1 GB available space
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button given above.
- The download process will start automatically. Once it is completed, the game file will be saved in your specified location on your computer.
- Locate the downloaded file and double-click on it to begin the installation process.
- A pop-up window will appear for the installation, click "Next" to proceed.
- Review and accept the license agreement, then click "Next".
- Select the destination folder where you want to install the game and click "Next".
- Choose whether you want to create a shortcut for the game on your desktop and click "Next".
- Click "Install" to start the installation process.
- Once the installation is completed, click "Finish" to exit the installer.
- The game will now be installed on your computer. You can access it by double-clicking on the game icon or by searching for it in your "Start" menu.