|The Silver Case
|GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC., PLAYISM
|GRASSHOPPER MANUFACTURE INC.
|Oct 6, 2016
|PC > Adventure
The Silver Case is a highly acclaimed video game developed by Grasshopper Manufacture and released in 1999 in Japan. It was later remastered and released worldwide in 2016 for PlayStation 4 and PC, with a mobile version released in 2018. The game has gained a cult following for its unique story, engaging gameplay, and stunning visuals.
Plot and Gameplay
The game is set in the fictional Japanese city of “24 Wards” and follows the story of a group of detectives, journalists, and other individuals involved in investigating and solving a series of mysterious crimes known as “The Silver Case.” The story is divided into two parts – “Transmitter” and “Placebo” – with each part focusing on different characters and their perspectives on the case.
The gameplay is a combination of first-person exploration and point-and-click adventure. Players must gather clues, analyze evidence, and solve puzzles to progress in the game. The story unfolds through dialogue with other characters and through various cutscenes.
Visual Style and Soundtrack
The game’s visuals are a mixture of 3D CG and hand-drawn graphics, creating a unique and surreal aesthetic. The dark and gritty atmosphere is enhanced by the use of muted colors and distorted imagery. The game’s soundtrack, composed by Masafumi Takada, perfectly complements the visuals with its haunting and atmospheric music.
“The Silver Case is a clever, kaleidoscopic meditation on death, agency, and the nature of truth, told through a dizzyingly surreal lens. It’s deeply upsetting, mesmerizing, and incredibly rewarding.” – Eurogamer
The remastered version of the game features improved graphics, new gameplay elements, and additional content. The “Yami” mode allows players to switch between the original graphics and the remastered graphics at any time. The game also includes a new chapter called “White Out Prologue,” which serves as a prologue to the main game and helps to fill in some of the gaps in the story.
Legacy and Impact
The Silver Case is considered a cult classic and has had a significant impact on the video game industry. Its innovative storytelling style, unique visuals, and mix of gameplay genres have influenced many other games, such as Killer7 and No More Heroes, also developed by Grasshopper Manufacture. Its success also paved the way for further releases of remastered versions of other Grasshopper Manufacture games.
The Silver Case is a must-play for fans of mystery and adventure games. Its thought-provoking story, unique visuals, and engaging gameplay make for a captivating gaming experience. With its remastered version now available worldwide, it is the perfect time to dive into the dark and intriguing world of The Silver Case.
“It’s a mature, deep-thinking game that you’ll feel like you’ve beaten, and will leave more than a hint of wanting to start all over again.” – Destructoid
- OS: Windows XP SP2+ or newer
- Processor: SSE2 instruction set support or greater
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: DX9 (shader model 3.0) or greater
- DirectX: Version 9.0
- Storage: 7 GB available space
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button link given above.
- A pop-up window will appear with the download options. Click on the "Download" button next to the "Windows" option.
- The download process will begin and the game file will be saved to your default download location.
- Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file and right-click on it.
- Select "Extract All" from the drop-down menu.
- A new window will appear. Click on the "Extract" button to extract the game files from the downloaded folder.
- Once the extraction is complete, double-click on the extracted folder to open it.
- Inside the folder, double-click on the "Setup" file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, click on the "Finish" button.
- The game is now installed on your computer and you can double-click on the game icon to play it.