|Developer(s)||Olli Harjola, Otto Hantula, Tom Jubert, Carlo Castellano|
|Release Date||May 30, 2013|
|Genre||PC > Action, Adventure, Indie|
If you’re a fan of thought-provoking puzzle games, then The Swapper might just be the perfect game for you. Developed and published by Facepalm Games, this indie title was released in 2013 for PC, PlayStation, and Xbox consoles.
In The Swapper, you take on the role of an astronaut stranded on a derelict space station. As you explore the station, you come across a device known as the Swapper gun, which allows you to create clones of yourself and swap consciousness between them. This mechanic forms the core gameplay of the game as you solve puzzles and uncover the mystery behind the Space Station Theseus.
The Swapper features a side-scrolling perspective and has a minimalistic art style that adds to the eerie atmosphere of the game. As you progress through the game, you’ll encounter various puzzles that require you to make use of the Swapper gun and its ability to create clones. You can create up to four clones at a time and swap between them, each clone retaining the actions of the previous one. This creates some mind-bending puzzles where you have to think about your actions and their consequences carefully.
Clones can also be used to hold down switches or buttons, allowing you to manipulate the environment and solve puzzles. Additionally, some areas in the game have different colored lights that affect the functionality of the Swapper gun, adding an extra layer of challenge to the puzzles.
The Swapper is known to have an eerie and unsettling atmosphere, thanks to its haunting soundtrack and the isolated environment of the space station. The game also has a gripping and mysterious storyline that keeps you engaged as you progress and uncover the secrets of the station.
The Swapper was well-received by critics and gamers alike for its unique gameplay mechanics, atmospheric world, and thought-provoking puzzles. It won numerous awards, including the BAFTA Games Award for Best Debut Game and the IndieCade Award for Best Story/World Design. It also has a 93% positive user score on Steam, making it a highly recommended game.
The Swapper is a must-play for puzzle game enthusiasts, offering a unique and satisfying gameplay experience. Its combination of challenging puzzles, intriguing storyline, and eerie atmosphere make it a standout title among other indie puzzle games. Give it a try and see if you can navigate through the mysteries of the space station Theseus.
“The Swapper is what indie gaming should always strive to be – a unique, thoughtful experience that cannot be found anywhere else” – Polygon
- OS:Windows XP SP3 or later, 64/32bit
- Processor:Dual Core CPU (2.2+ GHz Dual Core CPU or better)
- Memory:1 GB RAM
- Graphics:GeForce® 8800 or Radeon® HD4800 series, 512 MB of memory, OpenGL 3.0 support required
- Hard Drive:1 GB HD space
- Additional:Intel HD Graphics are not officially supported. But if you've got yourself a 3000 or better then there is a reasonable chance it will mostly/sorta work. No promises, but we've been working hard on it, at any rate.
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button provided above to start downloading The Swapper game installer.
- Once the download is complete, click on the downloaded file to open it. (The file name should be something like "TheSwapperGameInstaller.exe")
- A pop-up window may appear asking for permission to make changes to your device. Click "Yes" to allow the installer to make changes.
- The Swapper game installer will now open. Click "Next" to proceed with the installation.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions by selecting the checkbox and clicking "Next".
- Choose the installation location where you want the game to be installed.
- Click "Next" to start the installation process.
- A progress bar will show the installation progress. Wait for it to complete.
- Once the installation is complete, click "Finish" to close the installer.
- The Swapper game is now installed on your device. You can find the game shortcut on your desktop or in the designated installation location.
- Double click on the game shortcut to launch the game and start playing.