|Release Date||Jun 7, 2019|
|Genre||PC > Adventure|
In the world of video games, there are certain titles that have stood the test of time and became beloved classics amongst players. One such title is the platformer game, Toki. Originally released in 1989 by TAD Corporation, this game has been reimagined and remastered multiple times throughout the years, each time bringing new elements to the familiar gameplay. Let’s take a closer look at the timeless appeal of Toki and why it continues to capture the hearts of players decades after its initial release.
The Basics of Toki
Toki is a side-scrolling platformer game that follows the adventure of the titular character, a muscular warrior who has been turned into a primate by the evil sorcerer Vookimedlo. The game’s objective is for Toki to navigate through various levels, defeat enemies with his new primate abilities, and eventually defeat Vookimedlo and return to his human form.
What sets Toki apart from other platformers of its time is its unique gameplay mechanics. In addition to jumping and navigating obstacles, Toki can also extend his tongue to attack enemies and swing from vines and branches. He can also collect different power-ups, such as a skateboard and a boomerang, to make his journey much easier.
Remastered Versions of Toki
Since its initial release, Toki has been remastered and released on multiple platforms, including the Super Nintendo, Sega Genesis, and even modern consoles such as the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. These remastered versions not only enhanced the game’s graphics and sound but also added new features and levels, making it appealing to both old and new players.
One notable remastered version is Toki: Retrollector Edition, released in 2018 for the Nintendo Switch and PlayStation 4. This version not only included the original game but also a remastered version with enhanced graphics, an additional game mode called “Rewind” where players can rewind time to avoid mistakes, and a behind-the-scenes documentary about the making of Toki.
The Legacy of Toki
Despite being released over 30 years ago, Toki continues to have a dedicated fan base, with many still considering it one of the best platformer games of all time. Its popularity has also inspired the creation of a new game called Toki: The Wild, which is a spiritual successor to the original title and features Toki as a supporting character.
Moreover, the legacy of Toki also extends to other media, such as comic books, cartoons, and merchandise. This further solidifies the game’s cult status and secures its place in gaming history.
Toki is more than just a classic platformer. Its unique gameplay, memorable characters, and diverse levels have cemented its place as one of the most beloved titles in the gaming world. With its timeless appeal and multiple remastered versions, Toki is a game that will continue to be enjoyed by generations to come.
“Toki: A classic platformer with a twist, loved by players for over three decades.”
- OS: Windows 7/8/10
- Processor: 2 Ghz
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: 512 MB
- DirectX: Version 11
- Storage: 500 MB available space
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button given above for the Toki game.
- A pop-up window or prompt may appear depending on your browser settings. If prompted, click "Save" or "Download" to start the download.
- Wait for the download to complete. The time may vary depending on your internet speed.
- Once the download is complete, navigate to the folder where the file was saved.
- Double-click on the downloaded file to start the installation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and choose the desired installation location.
- Click "Next" or "Install" to proceed.
- If prompted, choose the desired language and click "Next".
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the installation is finished, click "Finish".
- You can now launch the Toki game from your desktop or start menu.