|Tomb Raider VI: The Angel Of Darkness
|Nov 28, 2012
|PC > Action
The Tomb Raider franchise has been one of the most beloved and iconic video game series since its debut in 1996. Lara Croft, the fearless and adventurous archaeologist, has captivated audiences for years with her tomb raiding escapades. And in 2003, the series released its sixth installment, Tomb Raider VI: The Angel Of Darkness Game, which took players on a darker and more complex journey than ever before.
In The Angel Of Darkness, Lara finds herself in Paris, being pursued by the police who believe she is responsible for the murder of her former mentor, Werner Von Croy. Faced with danger and betrayal, Lara must clear her name and uncover the true culprit behind Von Croy’s murder.
This installment introduced a more complex and sinister storyline, with Lara delving into the occult and facing her own inner demons. Players were also introduced to new characters such as Kurtis Trent, a mysterious and skilled thief who aids Lara in her quest.
- Controls: The Angel Of Darkness introduced a new control system, which allowed for more fluid movements and a more realistic combat system. However, it was met with mixed reviews, with some players struggling to adapt to the new controls.
- Levels: The game featured large and intricate levels, a departure from the previous installments where levels were essentially made up of smaller sections. This added to the immersive experience of the game, with players feeling like they were truly exploring a vast and dangerous world.
- Puzzles: As with all Tomb Raider games, The Angel Of Darkness featured challenging and clever puzzles that players had to solve in order to progress through the game. These puzzles ranged from simple object manipulation to complex environmental puzzles.
- Combat: The combat system in this game was also revamped, with players having access to a variety of weapons and melee attacks. The addition of hand-to-hand combat made for more intense and engaging combat scenarios.
Reception and Legacy
While The Angel Of Darkness was highly anticipated and received positive reviews for its graphics and storyline, it was met with criticism for its buggy gameplay and technical issues. This resulted in disappointing sales and halted production on the next installment of the series.
Despite its flaws, the game has gained a cult following and is still remembered fondly by many Tomb Raider fans. It also paved the way for future Tomb Raider games, with several elements from The Angel Of Darkness being implemented in later installments.
“I really enjoyed The Angel of Darkness for what it was. It was a little janky, sure, but it was ambitious and signalled the potential for the series to go even darker and more psychological than it already was.” – IGN
The Angel Of Darkness may not have been the strongest installment in the Tomb Raider franchise, but it pushed boundaries and experimented with new gameplay mechanics. Its darker tone and complex storyline added depth to the series, cementing its place as a beloved installment in the Tomb Raider canon.
- OS:Windows XP/ Windows Vista / Windows 7
- Processor:1.8GHz Processor
- Memory:512 MB RAM
- Graphics:3D graphics card compatible with DirectX 9.0c
- Hard Drive:2 GB HD space
How to Download
- Navigate to the download button given above for Tomb Raider VI: The Angel Of Darkness.
- Click on the download button.
- A pop-up message may appear asking to save the file. Click "Save" to begin the download process.
- The download progress will be displayed, and once it has finished, click on "Open file" to open the downloaded file.
- A new window will open displaying the contents of the downloaded file.
- Click on the installation file for Tomb Raider VI: The Angel Of Darkness to begin the installation process.
- A new window may appear asking for permission to make changes to your device. Click "Yes" to continue.
- The installation wizard will open. Follow the prompts and instructions to complete the installation process.
- Once the installation is complete, the game will be ready to play.
- You can access the game through the desktop shortcut created during the installation process.