|Release Date||Aug 19, 2021|
|Genre||PC > Adventure, Indie|
If you’re a fan of puzzle games and immersive storytelling, then “Twelve Minutes” is a game that you don’t want to miss. Developed by Luis Antonio and published by Annapurna Interactive, this game has taken the gaming world by storm with its unique concept and engaging gameplay.
What is “Twelve Minutes”?
Released in August 2021, “Twelve Minutes” is a top-down point-and-click adventure game that takes place in a small apartment. The game follows the story of a man who is caught in a time loop, repeating the same twelve minutes over and over again. The player takes on the role of the man, trying to unravel the mystery behind the loop and save his wife from a tragic fate.
The game has a star-studded voice cast, with James McAvoy, Daisy Ridley, and Willem Dafoe lending their voices to the main characters. This adds to the overall cinematic experience of the game.
Gameplay and Mechanics
The gameplay of “Twelve Minutes” is relatively simple, with the player navigating the apartment using point-and-click controls. However, the real challenge lies in figuring out the right actions and dialogue choices to progress the story and break the time loop.
As each twelve-minute loop begins, the player has to make decisions quickly and strategically, gathering information and clues to solve the mystery. The consequences of the player’s actions in one loop can affect the events in the next one, making each playthrough a unique experience.
The game also features an inventory system, where the player can collect and use items to advance the story. This adds an element of puzzle-solving to the game, making it more challenging and engaging.
Visuals and Sound
The game’s visual and sound design are top-notch, contributing to the overall eerie and tense atmosphere of the game. The top-down perspective creates a sense of claustrophobia, adding to the feeling of being trapped in the apartment. The use of lighting and sound effects also adds to the suspense and mystery of the game.
The background music, composed by Minecraft composer Daniel L.K. Caldwell, perfectly complements the gameplay and adds to the emotional impact of the story.
Reception and Criticisms
“Twelve Minutes” has received critical acclaim for its unique concept, engaging gameplay, and outstanding storytelling. The game has an 81% Metacritic score, with praise for its visuals, sound design, and voice acting.
However, the game has also faced some criticism for its ending and certain plot holes. Some players have also reported experiencing technical issues, but the developers have released updates to address these problems.
In conclusion, “Twelve Minutes” is a must-play game for fans of mystery and puzzle-solving. With its immersive storytelling, engaging gameplay, and stunning visuals, it’s a game that will keep you on the edge of your seat until the very end.
Experience the thrill of being caught in a time loop and uncover the truth behind “Twelve Minutes”. Are you ready to break the cycle?
Have you played “Twelve Minutes”? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.
- OS: Windows 7
- Processor: Intel Core i5-2300 | AMD Phenom II X4 965
- Memory: 2 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTS 450, 1 GB | AMD Radeon HD 5770, 1 GB
- OS: Windows 10
- Processor: Intel Core i5-6600 | AMD FX-8350
- Memory: 4 GB RAM
- Graphics: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1080, 8 GB | AMD Radeon RX 5700 XT, 8 GB
How to Download
- Click on the "Download" button above to start the download process.
- Once the download is complete, locate the downloaded file on your computer.
- Double click on the downloaded file to begin the installation process.
- Follow the prompts and click "Next" to proceed through the installation wizard.
- Read and accept the terms and conditions of the software license agreement.
- Select the desired installation location and click "Install".
- Wait for the installation process to complete.
- Once the installation is done, click "Finish" to exit the installation wizard.
- Launch the "Twelve Minutes" game from your desktop or start menu.